Our Care and Education Members
Nurse and Diabetes Educator
Phone: 416-340-4800 x4139
9th Floor Nephrology
61 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M5C 2T2
Phone: 416-864-6060 x6268
I am nurse practitioner specializing in diabetes and nephrology and work collaboratively with the mulitdiciplinary renal transplant team at St. Michaels Hospital in managing post renal transplant patients with new onset or pre-existing diabetes.
240 Duncan Mill Rd, Suite 707
Toronto, ON M3B 3S6
I am currently the Program Coordinator for the North York Family Health Team Diabetes Education Program.
Women’s College Hospital
76 Grenville Street
Room 3109, 3rd Floor
Toronto, Ontario M4Y 1A5
1) Quality improvement and patient safety in diabetes care
2) Diabetes in Pregnancy care
3) Type 1 Diabetes Pediatric to Adult Transitional care
4) Innovation model of health care delivery for complex patients
585 University Ave
Toronto, ON M5G 2N2
– Diabetes Educator
– Facilitate Smart Pumpers Network
- Scott L, Murphy A, Nash C. Collaborating to optimize nutrition and renal therapy. Can J of Diabetes. 2007:31(3): Practice.
- Murphy A, Guilar A. Effectiveness of Group Counselling versus individual counselling for women with Gestational Diabetes. Can J of Diabetes. 2004; 28(2): 147-151.
– 2006: Recipient of Allied Health Research Funding Award for Research: Does nutrition intervention for patients with impaired fasting glucose or type 2 diabetes lead to changes in dietary intake and activity level?
– 2005: Recipient of Allied Health Award for poster presentation Risk Management of Hypoglycemia at a Major University Affliated Teaching Hospital