The BBDC membership is a network of individuals involved in diabetes research, education and care from various departments at the University of Toronto and its affiliated hospitals and sites. Membership is free and open to individuals involved in full or part-time diabetes research, education, or patient care (i.e. scientists, physicians, nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, etc.) and whose primary university appointment or employment (i.e. more than 50% of total salary), is with the University of Toronto or one of its affiliated hospitals and sites listed below.
There are two categories of membership: those primarily involved in research and those involved in care and education. Research members are required to hold their primary faculty appointment with U of T at the level of assistant, associate or full professor and they must be involved in diabetes research.
Postdoctoral fellows, students, research associates and technicians are not eligible for membership; however, they are welcome to join our e-mail list. The BBDC occasionally makes membership available to non-U of T affiliated faculty and health professionals who are invited by the BBDC to play a major role in the Centre’s activities.
Fully Affiliated Hospitals
Toronto Academic Health Science Network (TAHSN) Affiliated Hospitals:
Community Affiliated Hospitals and Sites
Benefits Of Membership
- Be eligible to apply for the Centre’s funding programs. (Specific eligibility requirements are outlined for each funding program.)
- Be eligible to attend the BBDC’s Annual Scientific Day and other events which may be open to members and their trainees only.
- BBDC research members receive Core Laboratory assays and services at a discounted rate.
- Receive emails about our funding programs, educational events, our newsletter and other notifications.
- Our research members’ diabetes-related activities and contact information are posted on our website which enables local and foreign trainees to locate potential supervisors at the University, and helps facilitate the development of collaborative diabetes activities.
Maintaining Membership Status
All members are required to keep their BBDC membership profile up to date. This is a pre-requisite for maintaining eligibility for membership and funding.