As another academic year comes to an end, we would like to take this opportunity to express our sincerest gratitude and appreciation to the following individuals and organizations:
- The members of our Training and Research Excellence Committee, Quality Education and Safety (QUEST) Committee, and Trainee Advancement and Development Committee who volunteer their time to review applications for the Centre’s funding programs and to organize educational initiatives on behalf of the BBDC.
- The members of our Executive Committee and Clinical Applied Research Education (CARE) Committee.
- Those who participated in the 5th BBDC-Joslin Diabetes Center-University of Copenhagen Conference in Copenhagen in October 2018.
- Everyone who participated in our inaugural Joint Cardiovascular-Diabetes Symposium co-hosed by the BBDC and Peter Munk Cardiac Centre in January 2019.
- Everyone who participated in our 30th Annual Scientific Day including guest speaker Michael Schwartz; U of T speakers Drs. Andrew Advani, Patricia Brubaker, Lisa Chu, Satya Dash and Jonathan Rocheleau; and the 2018/2019 Annual Trainee Awards poster judges Drs. Rexford Ahima and Margaret Hahn.
- Our 2019 Charles Hollenberg Summer Studentship Program Coordinator, Jacqueline Beaudry.
- Faculty of Medicine Advancement and the Toronto General and Western Hospital Foundation who fundraise on behalf of the BBDC.
- Our major supporters: Sun Life Financial, University Health Network and the Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation.
- BBDC funding program supporters H. Gales Family Charitable Foundation, Eli Lilly/Boehringer-Ingelheim Diabetes Alliance, and Sir Frederick Banting Legacy Foundation.
- The supporters who helped make our events possible this past year: Abbott, Amgen, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Canon Medical, Edwards, Eli Lilly, Janssen, Medtronic, Merck, Novo Nordisk, Pfizer, and
- Heffel Fine Art Auction House as well as individuals who have donated to the Banting & Best Diabetes Centre this past year.