Our Care and Education Members
60 Murray Street L5-026
Toronto, NS M5T 3L9
Care of patients with Type 1, Transition patients
Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator
M-Wing, 4th floor
2075 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, ON M4N 3M5
Advanced Practice Nurse at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Diabetes in Pregnancy Clinic.
I am interested in visible minority research as it relates to diabetes education. I am in the process of working on a thesis proposal in this area.
Registered Nurse and Diabetes Educator
Professor Emeritus, Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology & Metabolism, University of Toronto
Type 1 diabetes, pregnancy and diabetes, diabetes and driving, medico-legal implications of diabetes.
Toronto Western Family Health Team
399 Bathurst Street
Toronto, ON M3T 2S8
Phone: 416-603-5800 x5007
I am involved with the nutrition education and counselling of patients with diabetes in the Toronto Western Family Health Team and provide both individual and group education. As well, I am involved in the planning and evaluation of our ongoing diabetes program, the "Take Action Program" within the Family Health Team.
825 Coxwell Avenue
Toronto, ON M4C 3E7
Raising awareness regarding earlier screening for GDM in high-risk population (i.e. earlier than 22 weeks).
Organizing after-school family sessions for children and families on healthy active lifestyle.
Nurse Practitioner, Diabetes
Primary Healthcare Nurse
Diabetes Nurse Educator
555 Finch Ave. West
Toronto, ON M2R 1N5
I provide diabetes care and education to adults and paediatric patients living with type 1 and type 2 diabetes, and GDM patients as well.
Nurse and Diabetes Educator
Phone: 416-340-4800 x4139
9th Floor Nephrology
61 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M5C 2T2
Phone: 416-864-6060 x6268
I am nurse practitioner specializing in diabetes and nephrology and work collaboratively with the mulitdiciplinary renal transplant team at St. Michaels Hospital in managing post renal transplant patients with new onset or pre-existing diabetes.
240 Duncan Mill Rd, Suite 707
Toronto, ON M3B 3S6
I am currently the Program Coordinator for the North York Family Health Team Diabetes Education Program.
Women’s College Hospital
76 Grenville Street
Room 3109, 3rd Floor
Toronto, Ontario M4Y 1A5
1) Quality improvement and patient safety in diabetes care
2) Diabetes in Pregnancy care
3) Type 1 Diabetes Pediatric to Adult Transitional care
4) Innovation model of health care delivery for complex patients
585 University Ave
Toronto, ON M5G 2N2
– Diabetes Educator
– Facilitate Smart Pumpers Network
- Scott L, Murphy A, Nash C. Collaborating to optimize nutrition and renal therapy. Can J of Diabetes. 2007:31(3): Practice.
- Murphy A, Guilar A. Effectiveness of Group Counselling versus individual counselling for women with Gestational Diabetes. Can J of Diabetes. 2004; 28(2): 147-151.
– 2006: Recipient of Allied Health Research Funding Award for Research: Does nutrition intervention for patients with impaired fasting glucose or type 2 diabetes lead to changes in dietary intake and activity level?
– 2005: Recipient of Allied Health Award for poster presentation Risk Management of Hypoglycemia at a Major University Affliated Teaching Hospital
Clinical Nurse Specialist
600 University Ave.
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5
Phone: 416-586-4800 x2367
Registered Nurse, Diabetes Educator
555 Finch Avenue West, Toronto, ON, M2R 1N5
The Centre for Complex Diabetes Care (CCDC) provides comprehensive care for patients with complex diabetes needs. Care is patient-centered and goal specific with frequent follow-up. The CCDC is a regional program servicing the Central Local Health Integration Network with satellite sites and the Ontario Telehealth Network. I provide case management, individualized diabetes education and ongoing counselling in collaboration with an interprofessional team.