- View Profiles of BBDC Members Primarily Involved In Diabetes Research
- View Profiles of BBDC Members Primarily Involved In Diabetes Care & Education
- Benefits Of Membership
- How To Become a Member (membership request form)
- Maintaining Membership Status
If you are a licensed pharmacist in Canada with an interest in diabetes, we recommend that you join our Diabetes Pharmacists Network.
The BBDC membership is a network of individuals involved in diabetes research, education and care from various departments at the University of Toronto and its affiliated hospitals and sites. Membership is free and open to individuals involved in full or part-time diabetes research, education, or patient care (i.e. scientists, physicians, nurses, dietitians, etc.) and whose primary university appointment or employment (i.e. more than 50% of total salary), is with the University of Toronto or one of its affiliated hospitals and sites listed below. Postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, undergraduate students, research associates and technicians are not eligible for membership; however, they are welcome to join our e-mail list. The BBDC occasionally makes membership available to non-U of T affiliated faculty and health professionals who are invited by the BBDC to play a major role in the Centre’s activities (e.g. those asked to serve on BBDC committees).
Toronto Academic Health Science Network (TAHSN) Associate Members:
Community Affiliated Hospitals and Sites
Benefits Of Membership
- Be eligible to apply for the Centre's funding programs. (IMPORTANT NOTE: Not all BBDC members are eligible to apply for all BBDC programs. Specific eligibility requirements are outlined for each funding program.)
- Be eligible to attend the BBDC's Annual Scientific Day and other events which may be open to members and their trainees only.
- Receive emails about our funding programs, educational events, our newsletter and other notifications.
- Each research member's diabetes-related activities and contact information are posted on our website which enables local and foreign trainees to locate potential supervisors at the University, and helps facilitate the development of collaborative diabetes-related activities.
How To Become a Member
Click here to fill in an on-line Membership Request Form. Note that the information you provide will be posted on the BBDC's website.
Maintaining Membership Status
All members are required to keep their BBDC membership website profile up to date. This is a pre-requisite for maintaining eligibility for membership and funding. Once a year, members will be contacted by the BBDC and reminded to update their profile.